Ok. I have been tagged by Erica, so here goes!
1.Typically, what time do you wake up? If I had my druthers, 10 a.m. But, since life doesn't tend to wait that long, usually between 6 and 7 now.
2. On a good night, what time are your kids in bed? 8:00pm (7:00 on a BAD day)
3. How long have you been a mommy? 20 years!
4. How old were you when you became a mom? 19
5. What is your favorite kids T.V show? Cailloo (spelling?) and Little Bill
6. What is your least favorite kids T.V. show? Just about anything shown on Cartoon Network! I can't stand some of the obnoxious stuff on that channel!
7. What is your favorite chore? Umm...Laundry
8. What is your favorite meal to cook? Do you mean what is my favorite meal my husband cooks? LOL Actually, I like to cook lasagna, (but don't tell my hubby)
9. What meal do you cook most often? Sandwiches (again my hubby is the cook in our home)
10. What is your kids favorite meal? Frankie's is Macaroni and Cheese with spam and pea salad. Jed's is BBQ ribs with potatoe salad. (I think)
11. What is your favorite thing your husband does with your kids? Sometimes he surprises us with an old Disney movie and a big bowl of popcorn for a family movie night. I also like to watch him help the boys build/paint models
12. What are 5 things that make you smile when you’re being a mom?
A. Jed's smile
B. Jed's imagination
C. Frankie's use of big words
D. The way their eyes sparkle when they are happy
E. Frankie's kisses and hugs
F. Seeing them play together
G. Seeing them accomplish something that is hard for them to do.
Ok...I could go on forever, but I digress.
13. If you could take your kids anywhere, where would it be? Umm...I don't think I can answer this question. One time I was so frustrated with our life and the constant struggle with finances, that I prayed that I would like just once to be able to take my kids somewhere fun, like Disney World. Then my 3 year old was diagnosed with brain cancer and our family ended up getting to go to Disney World for his make a wish trip...lesson learned "Be carefull what you ask for...you just might get it."
14. When was the last time you went out without your kids? I don't remember.
15. What is your favorite pastime/activity to do with your kids? Camping and anything that has to do with Medival times, such as the Ren Faire, or SCA events.
16. Name one thing you said you would never say as a mother? "because I said so!"
17. Name something you do, that your own mom did? Say "because I said so!"
18. What is your favorite quality your mom has? The way she tells me she loves me.
19. What is your favorite kids book? I'll Love You Forever
20. What is your favorite advice for new moms? Cherish the time you spend with them alone in the wee hours of the morning. Hold them, look into their eyes, stroke their little faces with your finger and sing softly to them. They won't let you do that when they are 20.
21. What is your most heartbreaking moment as a mom? When my 4 year old sat down on the curb after a chemotherapy treatment and said he was too tired to go there anymore, and when my 19 year old got into the car with his Marine recruiter and left for boot camp.
22. What is your most joyful moment being a mom? When my 9 year old, who really struggles with school, made the honor roll, and when my 19 year old got into the car with his Marine recruiter and left for boot camp. (Funny how that works)
23. When was the last time you told one of your kids, “I Love You”? About half an hour ago.
24. When was the last time you were told, “I love you” by one of your kids? About 1/2 an hour ago!
Ok. Now I tag Zippy!